The 2018 Jeep Trackhawk, officially the 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk, is the world’s most powerful SUV with 707 horsepower. Yes, this is the Jeep Hellcat that you’ve been waiting for even if it isn’t the 2018 Wrangler.
This is a fast Jeep, its four wheel drive and it’s faster than a lot of supercars. If you plan to take your Jeep to the track and you want a sleeper on the streets, this is your next Jeep.
Here’s what you need to know about the 208 Jeep Trackhawk specs, top speed, horsepower, and the must see 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk videos and photos. We also walk through what we know about the 2018 Jeep Trackhawk price and release date.
What is the 2018 Jeep Trackhawk?
The Jeep Trackhawk is the Hellcat Jeep that you’ve been waiting for. This 707 horsepower Jeep Grand Cherokee sits atop the lineup, outpacing the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT.
Jeep calls this the most powerful SUV ever and the Quickest SUV ever. While you’ll want to see some third-party tests the tech packed in this Jeep should be able to deliver what Jeep claims.
In addition to going fast, the 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk can stop fast thanks to huge Brembo brakes, the largest on a Jeep yet.
2018 Jeep Trackhawk Price
There is no official Jeep Trackhawk price yet, but you can count on paying more than the $66,000 price tag on the current Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT.
Given the premium for a Hellcat engine on other products and the numerous upgrades and add-ons that come with the Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk, you should expect to pay around $80,000 for the fast SUV.
After all, this is more than just dropping a Hellcat into the Grand Cherokee. You get a lot of added options and upgraded driveline components including a stronger rear axle, strengthened drive shaft and a new, “full-time active transfer case uses forged steel chain sprockets and a wider chain for added strength and durability.”
The Jeep Trackhawk sits an inch lower than non-SRT Grand Cherokee models and includes body-color wheel flares, as well as unique styling, touches only found on the Trackhawk. There are nine exterior color options, including two exclusive colors.
At this price, you also get Apple CarPlay and Android Auto support standard and there are a bevy of safety and driver convenience features included.
2018 Jeep Trackhawk Specs
Jeep isn’t holding back when it comes to outlining the 2018 Jeep Trackhawk specs. We know the horsepower, 0-60 time and more. While we don’t know the top speed of the Dodge Demon, we do know the 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk top speed and other important details.
- Supercharged 6.2-liter V-8 engine delivers 707 horsepower
- 645 lb.-ft. of torque
- 0-60 miles per hour (mph) in 3.5 seconds
- Quarter mile in 11.6 seconds
- Top speed of 180 mph
- 60-0 mph braking performance of 114 feet
The new Trackhawk includes, “upgraded TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission and driveline components engineered to handle additional torque output.”
There is a special Launch Control mode that allows you to get a perfect launch with the most straight line acceleration possible. Jeep also includes Trackhawk Performance Pages, on the 8.4-inch touchscreen. There are multiple driving modes;
- Auto — Automatically adapts to any condition; uses a 40-percent front/60-percent rear torque split
- Sport — Transmission shift times are reduced by 50 percent versus Auto Mode; stability control, four-wheel-drive and steering systems are set for typical enthusiast driving style; paddle shifters are enabled and suspension is tightened up without increasing impact harshness to deliver increased vehicle performance capability over Auto Mode; uses 35/65 torque split
- Track — Transmission shift times are reduced 68 percent versus Auto Mode to 160 milliseconds; stability control, four-wheel-drive and steering systems are set for ultimate track performance; paddle shifters are enabled and suspension is set to full firm to deliver maximum vehicle performance capability on smooth, dry surfaces; uses 30/70 torque split
- Tow — Alters torque delivery off the line for greater smoothness and adjusts suspension to combat pitch and yaw to deliver maximum towing performance: uses 60/40 torque split
- Snow — Maximizes traction to deliver optimized performance on snow and ice with reduced engine horsepower; uses 50/50 torque split
You can also choose a custom mode to set up the driving experience exactly as you want it combining portions of each of these modes to match your style.
This is a fast SUV and if you want to know just how fast, check out the list of sprots cars and super cars that the 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk is as fast as or faster than from FCA Authority.
2018 Jeep Trackhawk Photos & Videos
You can watch the 2018 Jeep Trackhawk videos from FCA to see what this SUV can do on the track. We’re waiting for events that allow us or other journalists to go hands on with the new Jeep Grand Cherokee Trakchawk at a closed course to see what it can do.
Below, you can see a number of Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk photos that show off the bold, yet not as pull me over worthy, looks of the Trackhawk. Even in bright red it flies under the radar a little more than the typical Hellcat.
2018 Jeep Trackhawk Release Date
Expect the 2018 Jeep Trackhawk release date is likely set for this fall. You should expect to see it hit dealerships later this year. We don’t have any details on a limited number of production like we do on the 2018 Dodge Demon, which will help some with availability.
Still, you could see dealers charge a premium for this model and you may have trouble finding one at a local dealer. We’ll be updating with more info as we hear from Jeep.