The 2018 Dodge Demon, officially known as the 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon is the car that your mom warned you about. This is the fastest 0-60 production car, highest horsepower V8 production car and a host of other firsts, mosts, and bests that we’ll get to in the 2018 Dodge Demon specs section below.
A week after the announcement we have new 2018 Dodge Demon price info, straight from an FCA executive.
This is what you need to know about the 2018 Dodge Demon specs, top speed, horsepower, must see 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon videos and photos as well as when you can buy one and what we know about the2018 Dodge Demon price and release date.
What is the 2018 Dodge Demon
The 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon is a production car that continues the legacy of the Hellcat, and upgrades it to what Dodge calls the, “most powerful muscle car ever.”
Aside from the Demon head logo on the side of the car, there is nothing outwardly evil looking about this car but when you hear it start up and watch it take off that all changes.
Dodge packs in a lot of power, performance and smart technology to make the 2018 Dodge Demon a car that will catch your attention.
This is a street legal muscle car, that allows you to do a 1/4 mile in under 10 seconds. It’s so fast that it is banned from drag racing competitions until you add additional safety gear to the car.
2018 Dodge Demon Price
There is no official 2018 Dodge Demon price yet. We can expect to learn about the official 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon MSRP down the road. This is only going on sale for one year, at least at this time, and we could see some dealers add on tot he markup significantly.
The 2017 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat starts at $64,195, so you can expect to pay more than that for the Dodge Challenger SRT Demon. We had fun in the $45,000 Challenger R/T Scat Pack 392 HEMI Shaker and are looking forward to a closer look at the Demon.
Future Motoring discusses the potential Dodge Demon price compared to the Hellcat, and how the MSRP could be different than what you actually need to pay to take home one of the limited production models. Spoiler alert, it could go as high as $99k.
Speaking to Road & Track, Tim Kuniskis, Head of Passenger Car Brands at Fiat Chrysler shared new details about the 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon price. “Obviously [the price]will be more than a regular Hellcat,”Kuniskis told the publication, “but it’s gonna be well below six figures.”
The 2018 Dodge Demon is a single seater, but you can add a passenger seat and a rear seat for $1. You can also opt for the Demon Crate that adds in all kinds of racing goodies including,
- Front Runner Drag Wheels
- High-Octane Engine Calibration
- Passenger Mirror Block-Off Plate
- Performance Air Filter
- Trunk Foam Case
- Fender Cover
- Personalized IP Badge
- Shipping Crate
- Torque Wrench with Extension and Socket
- Cordless Impact Wrench with Charger
- Hydraulic Floor Jack with Carrying Bag
- Tire Pressure Gauge
- Tool Bag
There is no specific price for this box, but it’s undoubtedly something that Dodge Challenger SRT Demon owners will want to get, if only for the collectibility factor.
With the purchase, you get a full day at the Bob Bondurant School of High-performance driving. Dodge named Hagerty as the official insurance provider for the Dodge Challenger SRT Demon.
2018 Dodge Demon Specs
Dodge is not stingy with the 2018 Dodge Demon Specs. We know the horsepower, torque, 0-60 time and much more. Pretty much the only thing we don’t know yet is the 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon top speed, thought the speedometer tops out at 200mph.
Check out the 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon performance numbers;
- 0-30 mph: 1.0 second
- 0-60 mph: 2.3 seconds
- Quarter-mile: 9.65 seconds at 140 mph
Here’s a rundown of Challenger Demon specs.
- 840 horsepower and 770 pounds-feet of torque from supercharged 6.2-liter HEMI® Demon V-8 engine makes Dodge Challenger SRT Demon the most-powerful muscle car ever
- Highest horsepower V-8 production car engine ever produced
- First-ever front-wheel lift in production car (2.92 feet) as certified by Guinness World Records
- World’s fastest quarter-mile production car with an elapsed time (ET) of 9.65 seconds and 140 miles per hour (mph) as certified by National Hot Rod Association (NHRA)
- Challenger SRT Demon is too fast for the drag strip – officially banned by NHRA
- World’s fastest 0-60 production car: 2.3 seconds
- 0-30 miles per hour: 1.0 second
- Highest g-force acceleration of any production car: 1.8 g
- Air-Grabber™ induction system includes the largest functional hood scoop (45.2 square inches) of any production car
- Significant upgrades to create the Demon engine include:
- Larger 2.7-liter per rev supercharger; increased boost pressure to 14.5 psi
- Higher rpm limit of 6,500
- First-ever factory-production car with innovative SRT Power Chiller™ liquid-to-air intercooler chiller system
- First factory-production car with After-Run Chiller that keeps cooling the supercharger/charge air cooler after the engine is shut off
- First-ever, factory-production car designed to run on 100+ high-octane unleaded fuel or 91 octane on demand
- First-ever, factory-production car with TransBrake for more powerful and quicker launches
- First-ever, factory-production drag car with Torque Reserve, to deliver increased levels of power and torque at launch
- First-ever, factory-production car with front passenger seat delete
With all this, you still get a three-year 36,000-mile warranty and five-year 60,000-mile limited powertrain warranty.
2018 Dodge Demon Photos & Videos
You can watch the 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon reveal above to see the car on stage and a rundown of everything we know about it. There are other 2018 Dodge Demon videos throughout this post and we expect to see more coming soon now that this is official.
2018 Dodge Demon Release Date
The 2018 Dodge Demon release date is fall 2017. This is only coming for one year and that means it could be hard to find, even with a potential price tag near $70,000.
Dodge announced that the 2108 Dodge Challenger Demon production starts this summer and deliveries will take place to Dodge//SRT dealers this fall.
There are only 3,000 Dodge Demons slated for production in the U.S. and 300 in Canada.